Butterfly Skills in Dementia Care Really Matter
Over the years, so many people have seen Dementia Care Matters skills courses as a revelation, providing simple approaches for all nurses and care workers.
This course captures the very essence of how staff can learn skills which really work. By people knowing how to be a butterfly, they are able to transform the life of a care home.
Duration: 4 x 1 day workshops
Includes - a copy of "Being, an approach to life and dementia" a copy "Loving, the essence of being a butterfly in dementia care".
Come on this course and you will:
- Practice many of the care skills described in the book, “Loving – the essence of being a butterfly in dementia care”
- Learn the feeling-based language of dementia
- Grasp the Traffic Lights approach to “behaviours”
- Find ways to respond to people’s intimacy, relationship and sexuality needs
- Take away lots of Butterfly activity ideas.
Courses are available 'in house' in your care setting for more details please contact us