Mattering at Home - a New Culture of Home Care Services
Dementia Care Matters has a well-known national and international model which is inspirational in transforming dementia care homes.
Following significant development, we are now able to share our new model of home care services - “Mattering at Home™".
This course positively addresses recent national concerns about the direction and delivery of home care outlined in the “Close to Home” Reports from the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
Dementia Care Matters has piloted /implemented this training model alongside Monmouthshire County Council’s Home Care Service.
Duration: 6 days - 3 x 2 day workshops
Includes: a copy of "Being, an approach to life and dementia" a copy of "Loving, the essence of being a butterfly in dementia care" and Resources Membership for 1 year worth £30.
This 6 day course focuses on:
- Identifying the key components of home support for people living with a dementia
- Examining the match between people’s lived experiences at home and commissioning approaches to home care support
- Working with Dementia Care Matters ‘Mattering at Home’™ 50 point checklist
- Adopting Dementia Care Matters emotional intelligence model in recruitment, skills development and appraisal of home support staff
- Exploring the difference between task-based care and person focused support
- Increasing a person’s well-being, identity and sense of belonging within their own home
- Creating relationships with families and friends as a home support worker
- Balancing freedom, choice and control with connecting to and reaching a person’s expressive ‘behaviours.’
This course is available 'in-house' for your organisation. To discuss please call 01273 242335 or email email@example.com