Participant LOG IN got to bottom of this page
Person Centred Dementia Care: University Recognised Course
Skills in Dementia Care Matters model.
“This course has been the best training that I have ever done in my 26 years of working with older people.” (course participant)
Courses available in Birmingham, London, Cardiff and Dublin Course Calendar
Recognised by University of Surrey and University of Brighton
Awarded Recognising educational Quality (ReQ) Mark ReQ Certificate
Duration: 13 days over one year Cost: £1,495 + VAT (special offer 3 for 2)
Extensive resources - 12 modules of supporting tools authored by David Sheard.
- Exploring the ”Feelings Matter Most”® approach to dementia care.
- Shifting towards a positive culture of care.
- Appraising your service against Dementia Care Matter’s steps.
- Learning how to measure Quality of Life outcomes.
- Applying a person centred philosophy towards staff teams.
- Creating a foundation in relationship centred care.
- Applying the skills within six practice based modules:
- Learning the language of dementia,
- Providing meaningful occupation – “The Butterfly Approach®”
- Fostering well-being
- Interpreting behaviours
- Developing later stage dementia care
- Responding to intimacy needs
We are delighted to be able to offer this popular University Recognised course in "Person Centred Dementia Care" for staff working in acute care settings.
Adapted as a 9 day course and available in Birmingham and London.
"Mattering in the NHS - Acute Services & Dementia Care"
Duration: 9 days over one year Cost: £1,000 + VAT (special offer 3 for 2)
Birmingham Course starts: 14 November 2013
London Course starts: 18 March 2014