Dr David Sheard Specialist Consultancy
Whilst David steers strategically the whole of Dementia Care Matters he also provides his own specialist Consultancy in areas of dementia care that are newly developing or requiring a strategic focus. Combining passion and clarity with detailed general management experience David helps a wide range of organisations to operationalise new cultures of care.
Alongside an extensive schedule of national speaking engagements across the UK and Ireland David authors dementia care learning resources. He can be commissioned to produce practice development tools and specialises in motivational speaking at conferences and with the media on how to achieve health and social care culture change. His specialist expertise covers:
- working with commissioners to steer effective change in dementia care
- advising Board level staff on the design of strategies in dementia care
- providing comprehensive environmental audits of care settings
- converging dementia design with an operational model of care
- developing General Manager and nurse leadership teams
- transferring the Mattering model into Supported Housing and Home Support.
Listen to David Sheard's interview on BBC Radio Sussex: